We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
- October 12, 2021
9:00 am MDT - 4:00 pm MDT
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the last day of the instructor course (proof of age required).
- Possess a current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR/AED certification
- Align with an AHA Training Center (TC) accepting new instructors
- Directions to align with our TC will be sent upon registration.
- If you plan to align with another TC, please note on the registration form.
- Complete the Instructor Candidate Application
- Obtain all course (instructor, student & video) materials 2020 version (additional fees apply)
- Complete the Instructors Essentials online course (additional fees apply)
- Be able to proficiently demonstrate all BLS & Heartsaver skills without assistance
Certification: Valid for 2 years
To be certified as an instructor, candidates must:
- Successfully complete the prerequisite requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Successfully complete class activities
- Score at least 84 percent (21 correct answers out of 25 questions) on the instructor written multiple choice exam.
- Student teach at least 1 course within a 6 month period after the in person instructor course
- You may be required to teach additional courses in order to be satisfactory.
- This step can be done with another TC, if aligned elsewhere, upon request.
Additional fees apply for required course materials