American Heart Association (AHA) Heartcode BLS online course (Part 1) is a requirement before attending a skills session with an instructor (Part 2). This course may be completed at your own pace.
The Part 2 Skills Session must be registered for separately here.
Online portion of BLS blended learning that will prepare students for hands-on practice and testing of BLS skills
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- The learner has a choice of completing a pre-hospital or in hospital contextualized track.
- Learners follow a continuously adapting learning path that is personalized by the learner’s own inputs: Their performance, and their self- reported confidence level related to each probe. The course content is presented in the form of self-directed learning content, probes and Cognitive Assessment Activities.
- After completing the online portion, students will attend a structured, Instructor-led hands-on session that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols and skills testing.
- Includes access to ebook
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 6:30am–4:30pm Mountain Time Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 4pm Mountain Time, code will be emailed Monday.
Platforms that support eBooks and course digital videos:
- Chrome – Version 70 and above
- Firefox – Version 65 and above
- Safari – Version 12 and above
- Internet Explorer – Version 11 and above
- iOS device browsers – Version 11 and above
- Android device browsers – Version 9.0 and above