The BLS DVD Set is to be used by BLS Instructors to teach the BLS Course, the BLS Renewal Course, and to conduct skills practice and testing sessions for HeartCode® BLS.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- Each disc allows BLS Instructors to choose one of two tracks, in-facility or prehospital, based on their specific student audience
The goal of the BLS Course is to train participants to save the lives of victims in cardiac arrest through high-quality CPR. The AHA designed the BLS Course to teach healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team. BLS skills are applicable to any healthcare setting. BLS students will learn rescue techniques for adults, children, and infants.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants concern for you.