The ALS: Opioid Module is designed to help clinical team members provide immediate treatment and care for adult opioid overdose victims. Course content includes the following:
- Pathophysiology of opioid overdose
- Special considerations on how to care for overdose patients, including naloxone administration
- Recognizing the need for high-quality CPR and the use of a defibrillator as indicated
- Information on the importance and types of resources available for individuals after an opioid overdose, including medication-assisted therapies
eLearning Course Specifications:
- Features engaging, True Adaptive™ learning
- Responsive design ensures compatibility on mobile devices and tablets
- Students can select their level of competence as they begin the course and can change their selection at any time during the course
- All curriculum is web-accessible through inclusive design (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Ease of use for more students – works on all common browsers (no more Flash)
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the current opioid epidemic in the U.S.
- Explain the pathophysiology of chronic opioid use
- Describe the pathophysiology of opioid overdose
- Describe the efficacy of naloxone for opioid overdose
- Review care considerations for comprehensive treatment after an opioid overdose
Compatible Devices/Operating System:
- Web Browsers: Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
- Operating Systems and Computing Hardware: Win8+ with 4GB+ RAM, MacOS 10.13+ with 4GB+ RAM, Android 8+ with 2GB+ RAM, iOS 11+ with 2GB+ RAM
- Internet Connection: Broadband – Fiber, wireless, DSL, cable modem
- While the system will run in smaller screen sizes, these are the recommended minimum sizes for the best experience: 4″ (mobile) or higher
Access codes and instructions will be emailed shortly after you submit your order or within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:00 pm Central Time Monday–Friday. If your order is placed on Friday after 5:00pm CT, you may not receive your email until Monday morning. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folder.
eProducts cannot be returned once redeemed/activated.