- June 30, 2019
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
3869 S Atchison Way, Aurora, Colorado, 80014, United States
This class is for those whose American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is no more than 30 days expired.
You will be required to provide proof of an American Red Cross certification no more than 30 days expired from the class date prior to enrollment confirmation. Please note you will not be able to work with an expired certification.
It is strongly encouraged to complete the online review course prior to the skills session in order to be prepared to practice the latest lifeguarding skills. You will receive instructions on how to complete the online portion after registering.
Please keep in mind that taking this class does not ensure you a lifeguard job after completion.
- Surveillance and rescue skills, how to prevent injuries
- First aid training and professional rescuer CPR/AED
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities
- American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification no ore than 30 days expired
- Must complete a continuous 300 yard swim with rhythmic breathing (any combination of front crawl and breaststroke); Goggles allowed
- Must tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
- Must swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 lb brick from a depth of 7-10 feet, swim 20 yards with the brick using legs only, and exit the pool without using a ladder or stairs within a minute and 40 seconds; Goggles NOT allowed.
To obtain 2 year Lifeguarding/First Aid & CPR/AED certifications:
- Must attend all class sessions (no exceptions)
- Demonstrate competency in all rescue skills
- Pass written exams with at least an 80%
- Demonstrate proficiency in the practical scenario exams
$150; Adult & Pediatric rescue mask set or a Seal Easy mask is required and can be purchased for $15.