- Day 1 of 2
June 22, 2019
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Day 2 of 2
June 23, 2019
9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Ready to save a life? This is the course for you.
This class is for those who want to get certified in the necessary rescue skills to become a lifeguard. This course is for first time participants as well as those American Red Cross lifeguards whose certification is more than 30 days expired, and lifeguards who need to transfer from other organizations (ie YMCA, BSA, Ellis, etc).
Please keep in mind that taking this class does not ensure you a lifeguard job after completion.
Note: This is a blended learning opportunity. Online course completion will be assigned and required
- Must be 15 years old by the end of the course; proof of age will be required on the first day.
- Must complete a continuous 300 yard swim with rhythmic breathing using any combination of front crawl and breaststroke; Goggles allowed
- Must tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
- Must swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 lb brick from a depth of 7-10 feet, swim 20 yards with the brick using legs only, and exit the pool without using a ladder or stairs within a minute and 40 seconds; Goggles NOT allowed.
To Obtain Certification:
- Must successfully complete the course pre-requisites
- Attend all class sessions (no exceptions)
- Demonstrate competency in all rescue skills
- Pass written exams with at least an 80%
- Demonstrate competency in all practical exams.
Successful lifeguard course participants will receive a 2 year Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification after learning surveillance and rescue skills, how to prevent injuries, First aid training, professional rescuer CPR/AED, and Professional lifeguard responsibilities.
$250 includes electronic manuals and Adult/Pediatric Rescue Masks