- Day 1 of 2 - Classroom
Location: Safety Solved, 14901 E Hampden Ave Ste 270, Aurora, CO 80014
April 29, 2023
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Day 2 of 2 - Pool
Location: MACS, 3869 S Atchison Way, Aurora, CO 80015
April 30, 2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
American Red Cross Lifeguard Recertification
This course is for those who want to get recertified in the necessary rescue skills to become a lifeguard whose American Red Cross certification is no more than 30 days expired. If you are a first time participants as well as those American Red Cross lifeguards whose certification is more than 30 days expired, and lifeguards who need to transfer from other organizations (ie YMCA, BSA, Ellis, etc), please see our schedule for the complete Lifeguard Trainings.
Once enrolled, participants will receive access to the online training (approx 7 hours), which is highly recommended to be completed prior to the in person sessions.
- COVID UPDATES
- In order to continue to properly train lifeguards it is understood that portions of the curriculum require participants to be within 6 feet of each other, and for in water portions of the training masks are not feasible. Continuing this training will be essential to the safety of our community when pool begin to reopen, to the greatest extent possible requirements for physical distancing should be implemented.
- Classroom skills session may be completed prior to swimming prerequisite exam. Students must be successful on the prerequisite exam prior to moving onto any water skill sessions.
Taking this class does not ensure you a lifeguard job after completion.
Students will complete the swimming prerequisites, water skills practice, and water skills final exam scenarios. It is highly recommended to review all the videos and chapter review questions prior to attending.
- A current or no more than 30 day expired American Red Cross lifeguard certification; proof required at registration.
- Candidates will have two opportunities to complete:
- Must complete a continuous 300 yard swim with rhythmic breathing using any combination of front crawl and breaststroke; Goggles allowed
- Must tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
- Must swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 lb brick from a depth of 7-10 feet, swim 20 yards with the brick using legs only, and exit the pool without using a ladder or stairs within a minute and 40 seconds; Goggles NOT allowed.
- 2+ towels and swimsuit coverings/sweat clothes suggested, pool shoes/flip flops
- Rashguard or wetsuit highly suggested
- Goggles & swim cap highly suggested suggested
- Meals/snacks/hydration in a lunchbox/cooler. No fridge is available to use.
- Picture ID & Proof of Date of Birth – Day 1 only
- Rescue Mask Set (Adult AND Infant) or SealEasy mask or purchase for $15
- Camping chair – Day 2 only
- Writing Utensil
To Obtain Certification:
- Must successfully complete the course prerequisites
- Attend all class sessions (no exceptions)
- Demonstrate competency in all rescue skills
- Pass written exams with at least an 80%
- Demonstrate competency in all practical exams.
Successful lifeguard course participants will receive a 2 year Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification after learning surveillance and rescue skills, how to prevent injuries, First aid training, professional rescuer CPR/AED, and Professional lifeguard responsibilities.
Price: $225; Rescue Mask Set Additional
You will be required to provide proof of an American Red Cross certification prior to enrollment confirmation.
Check out more available training dates.
Note: Taking this class does not guarantee you a lifeguard job after completion.
Venue: Safety Solved
Venue Phone: 303-257-9589
Venue Website: http://www.Safety-Solved.comAddress: