- October 11, 2022
9:00 am MDT - 3:30 pm MDT
The purpose of the American Red Cross FA/CPR/AED Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the basic-level American Red Cross FA/CPR/AED course.
- Possess a current student-level American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED certification or equivalent. Online only certificates do not qualify. Hands on component with an instructor is required.
- Be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course.
- Complete the online course and exam
- Successfully demonstrate Adult, Child & Infant CPR/AED & First Aid skills to instructor level proficiency in the Skill Polish Session
Successful completion requirements:
- Must attend and actively participate in all class sessions.
- Complete the required teaching assignments
• Deliver quality, consistent and standardized content by following the FA/CPR/AED instructor manual(s) and other program materials.
• Choose the appropriate course and materials to meet the specific training needs of participants or groups
• Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model.
• Follow the directives and procedures related to the conduct and administration of American Red Cross courses, including the Instructor Agreement and Instructor Code of
• Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants to stay engaged in the learning process and meet course objectives.
• Perform applicable first aid, CPR and AED skills at an appropriate skill level at instructor level skill proficiency.
• Plan for and ensure participants’ health and safety during training.
• Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
• Plan, organize and conduct the first aid, CPR and AED courses in accordance with the requirements of the specific class they will be teaching.
• Monitor participants’ practice, evaluate performance and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill assessment tools.
• Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tools are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant’s performance.
• Effectively use program materials and training equipment.
• Explain procedures for acknowledging course completion and accessing American Red Cross digital certificates.